Australian progressive/extreme/violin (?) metal heroes Ne Obliviscaris have finally made good on the promise of last year’s successful crowdfunding campaign, having announced their first ever world tour in support of sophomore record Citadel. Tour dates and more after the jump!
In the past, one would have to reside in Ne Obliviscaris’ native Australia for a realistic chance to actually see the six-piece work their magic in a live setting. Last year, however, the band decided to go the crowdfunding route in order to potentially expand their touring plans – having reached over double their initial target of A$40,000 when the deadline hit, it clearly proved to be a rewarding move on their part.
Come 2015 and the world tour supporting the excellent (if short) masterpiece that was Citadel has come, sporting mostly festival-based shows through the summer that span from Japan to Israel followed by a solid run through most of Europe. While North American fans are admittedly missing out big here, they need not fret for long – the band has assured on their Facebook page that a tour on the other side of the Atlantic will definitely happen in the future.
In the meantime, those of you that actually live near the areas listed below should get your fill of uptempo riffage and violin solos when the band swings by!
- Jun 5 – Hong Kong @ Hidden Agenda
- Jun 7 – Osaka, Japan @ Nanba Rockets
- Jun 8 – Tokyo, Japan @ Duo Music Exchange
- Jun 11 – Tel Aviv, Israel @ The Teder
- Jun 17 – Karlsruhe, Germany @ Stadtmitte
- Jun 18 – Hannover, Germany @ Lux
- Jun 19 – Dessel, Belgium @ Graspop Metal Meeting
- Jun 21 – Clisson, France @ Hellfest
- Jun 27 – Helsinki, Finland @ Tuska
- Jul 18 – Viveiro, Spain @ Resurrection Fest
- Jul 21 – Tolmin, Slovenia @ Metaldays
- Jul 25 – Zurich, Switzerland @ Werk 21
- Aug 7 – Derbyshire, United Kingdom @ Bloodstock Open Air
- Aug 8 – Jaromer, Czech Republic @ Brutal Assault
- Aug 9 – Vagos, Portugal @ Vagos Open Air
- Aug 13 – Dinkelsbuhl, Germany @ Summer Breeze
- Aug 14 – Brasov, Romania @ Rockstadt Extreme Fest
- Aug 16 – Saint-Nolff, France @ Motocultor Festival