Oh, Paula Deen, you savvy, Southern, buttery belle! You know just how to tickle our gullets! This recipe for traditional southern deviled eggs is sure to leave you with a happy tummy, but a slightly unhappy mouth (depending on how much paprika you use) for a short time!
- 7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Sweet gherkin pickles sliced, for garnishing
- Pimentos, for garnishing
- 1. Hardboil these bad boys with the HEAT OF SATAN’S FLAME!
2. Halve all seven eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
3. Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika, pickles and pimentos. Store covered in refrigerator.
These tasty treats will surely leave you shouting for more! Butter woman, you’ve bested us again!