Via All Recipes. Literally all the recipes.
Ready to egg it up south of the border? Well, get your sombrero, pendejo, because this recipe for a chorizo, potato, and green chili omelet will have you saying “AY, CALIENTE!” faster than you can get your breakfast milk to cool that burn.
- 6 ounces chorizo
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
- 4 whole eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup red salsa
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook chorizo and onions in medium ovenproof skillet on medium heat 8 min. or until chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and chiles; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese; spread to form even layer in skillet.
3. Whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended; pour over chorizo mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 25 min. or until center is set. Serve topped with salsa.
Eggy Tip: If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, wrap the handle of your regular skillet with several layers of foil before placing in oven. Remember that all parts of the skillet will be hot when removing it from the oven.
Total prep time is, baking and all, is about fifty minutes with a little over half being in the oven, so prepare your mouth (and later your anus) for spiciness!