Nile are one of my favorite death metal bands. They have a no-bullshit attitude while sticking to their concept of Egyptian mythology, and they’re all crazy good at their instruments. Well, they’re releasing a new album soon, titled At The Gate of Sethu, and they’ve released a new song! Are you ready? It’s called ‘The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased’, and you can check it out below.
At first, this song might be off-putting to some Nile fans, especially if they’re more familiar with the newer work of the band. However, the production, the disgusting (in a good way) vocals, the riffing, all of these are very reminiscent of the first two albums of Nile. Furthermore, I can hear elements from every single Nile album in this song. If you’re a longtime Nile fan I’d wager that you’d love this song. I do, and I’m excited for the new album, which will be out on Nuclear Blast on July 3rd. You can see the full track listing after the jump.
1. Enduring the Eternal Molestation of Flame
2. The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased
3. The Inevitable Degradation of Flesh
4. When My Wrath is Done
5. Slaves of Xul
6. The Gods Who Light Up the Sky at the Gate of Sethu
7. Natural Liberation of Fear Through the Ritual Deception of Death
8. Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms
9. Tribunal of the Dead
10. Supreme Humanism of Megalomania
11. The Chaining of the Iniquitous