So as you may know it’s actually Metal March, in which record companies and others join up to promote themselves through free samplers, etc. Seems fairly innocuous and inoffensive, right? WRONG. Seems ThrashMag.com is running a knock-out battle of the bands with 64 artists from Metal Blade, Sumerian Records, Nuclear Blast and Victory Records(!?). Little do they know that they are casually mining a fairly large ore of rage buried deep within me. Let me just list a few of the travesties that are occuring:
- I don’t want to live in a world where As I Lay Dying are beating Behemoth
- I don’t want to live in a world where Job For A Cowboy are beating The Ocean
- I don’t want to live in a world where Asking Alexandria are beating Fellsilent
- I don’t want to live in a world where Shai Halud are beating Gwar
- I also don’t want to live in a world where A Day To Remember, Dr. Acula, Emmure and Aiden could even be considered kings of Metal March.
Yes, I know it’s a popularity contest but at least go over there and do the right thing, you have until the 18th before the first round ends, in return I’ll keep quiet about the whole Goatwhore and Between The Buried And Me thing.